EKP50 Child Development in Families, Schools and Society
Module code: EKP50
ECTS Credit Points: 22
Module Type: Optional
Year: 1st or 2nd
Module general description:
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to,
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core issues related with human development from the prenatal period to adolescence.
- Recognize the major milestones in every stage and sub-stage of children?s development as well as in all the domains of human growth and development (biological and motor, cognitive, language, socio-emotional, and moral development).
- Evaluate the role and significance of the formal and informal educational environments in children?s development such as family, preschool contexts (day care centres, kindergartens), and school.
- Critically assess the theories and evidence on the ways children learn to think, develop language competencies, manage social interactions and relationships, and gain knowledge.
- Utilize the theoretical propositions and empirical findings from published research studies in the evaluation and management of situations that are related with children?s development.
- Evaluate the efficiency of developmental theories and assumptions in understanding and interpretation of issues related with children?s development in different socio-cultural environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of socio-cultural context in human development.
1. Cultural worlds of early childhood
2. Relationships and learning within classroom
3. Understanding social development
Learning Material: The HOU publications can be viewed here.
Teaching Method: Distance education with five Contact Sessions held at weekends during the academic year
Evaluation: Completion of four written assignments during the academic year, the average grade of which constitute a 30 percent of each student's grade, if a pass is obtained in the final or repetitive examination. Final exam grades constitute a 70 percent of the students' final course grade. More information is available here.
|<< Επιστροφή||↑Αρχή σελίδας|