The School of Humanities is one of Hellenic Open University's first four Schools, founded according to Act Ν.2552/97. The School has eleven Academic Research Staff Members (3 Professors, 5 Associate Professors and 2 Assistant Professors).
The School of Humanities offers the following nine courses (three undergraduate courses and six postgraduate courses) relating to education and culture:
· European Cultural Studies
· Hellenic Cultural Studies
· Hispanic Language and Civilisation Studies
· Master in Education
· Master in Adult Education
· Master in education in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
· Master in education in Teaching French as a Foreign Language
· Master in education in Teaching German as a Foreign Language
· Orthodox Theology Studies
The School of Humanities organises Pan-Hellenic Conferences every two years on Open and Distance Education, with international attendances and roughly 5000 Participants. Every year, the School organises training courses for the HOU's Part time Academic Staff in Open and Distant Education. The associate Scientific Union of Adult Education and the Scientific Association
"Hellenic Network of Open and Distance Education" publish the scientific journals "Adult Education" and "Open Education".
|<< Back||↑Start of page|